QUALIFIED TO SERVE
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN!
I am running for the Orange County School Board Chair position because I believe my experience working with students, parents, teachers, school support staff, coaches, athletic directors, athletic trainers, debate coaches, administrators, district personnel from the 1st through the 9th floor, and the surrounding government/business communities has prepared me to serve Orange County in this important capacity. The School Board is responsible for holding the Superintendent accountable for creating a positive and productive learning environment at every school throughout our district. I believe my intimate knowledge of our school district uniquely sets me apart from the other contenders for this position.
• 25 years in education
• 12 years of teaching experience
• Social Studies, Computer Applications, TV Production
• 11 years of school administration experience (I've seen a lot in my time)
• 2 years of district administration experience
• Assistant Principal at Boone HS (3 yrs.) and Apopka HS (3 yrs.)
• School Administrator at 6 different OCPS campuses (I know how schools work)
• Apopka MS, Ocoee HS, Boone HS, Apopka HS,
Orange Technical College - Westside and Winter Park Campuses
• 2 years of experience as the District Athletic Director over all high
school and middle school athletics. My responsibilities also included overseeing all high school Debate teams, JROTC programs, Title IX compliance, OCBA Law Week, City of Orlando After School All Stars program, Mayor Theresa Jacobs’ Youth Leadership Conference, Elementary School District Chess Tournament, and all other extracurricular activities from the elementary to the high school level.
• 3 year of experience working with Career Technical Education at Orange Technical College – Westside and Winter Park Campuses as an Assistant Director.
• My responsibilities have included overseeing Technical programs, Adult Basic Education and GED programs, and the Farmworker Career Development program.